What you need to know about Permanent Eyeliner
The perfect solution for those of us who lead busy lives and want perfect make-up throughout the entire day.
by El Truchan London Permanent Make-Up Expert, London PMU Artist
It’s all in the eyes. Eyeliner can enhance every woman’s eyes. Whether you prefer to aim for a natural look or for something slightly bolder, there’s no denying that a good eyeliner can certainly compliment the shape of your eye. However, waking up earlier just so we have time to put make-up on before we go to work can often feel like a duty we’re chained to, a chore, and a nuisance.
So, just for a moment, imagine saying no to all of that. Imagine no more mid-morning smudges. Imagine no more YouTube ‘perfect eyeliner’ tutorials. Imagine not having to worry about achieving that perfect outline on your lids ever again. No more endless decision-taking whilst wandering the make-up aisle, no more liquid vs pencil decisions to frantically make. Just for a moment, imagine waking up with enhanced eyes every single morning for the rest of your life.
As well as it being safe and generally just much more convenient for those of us that lead hectic busy lives, it’s no wonder more and more of us are opting for a permanent eyeliner tattoo as our perfect solution.
What is Permanent Eyeliner?
You can go dramatic or as subtle as you like. No matter your skin type, permanent makeup is a highly safe cosmetic tattooing procedure that uses micro-pigmentation (tattooing) to enhance the shape of your natural line. You choose the design, the colour and the amount of pigment you’d like to use. We understand everybody’s eyes are different, our team of specially trained professionals here at Perfect Definition are here to work with you.
Ok, But Tell Me The Benefits…
1. Say goodbye to reapplying liner during the day. Just this alone is an incredible weight off our shoulders! (Especially for those of us with an unsteady hand).
2. Permanent eyeliner not only saves you that crucial time in the morning before rushing out to get to work but it also gives you that fantastic feeling of confidence throughout the entire day. No more worrying about oily lids smudging your liner.
3. Do you ever experience sensitivity issues around your eyes during the day? Whether it’s the contents of the make-up itself or perhaps your skin is generally more prone to redness and irritation, permanent eyeliner can put a stop to this. It eliminates the stress of not only smudging issues but also the nuisance of suddenly wanting to itch at your eyes throughout the day.
4. With endless benefits around permanent eyeliner, let’s not forget one of the most important ones; it can save you money.
5. Unlike regular makeup, your eyeliner will stay perfect no matter what you’re doing! Yes, whether you’re swimming after work or hailing a taxi in the pouring rain!
Lash Line Enhancement vs bigger Eyeliner Tattoos
Make-up isn’t for everybody. So, if the idea of a bigger or winged eyeliner tattoo feels slightly daunting, of course, we completely understand! It doesn’t mean however that you need to continue with the hassle of applying your eyeliner every morning. There are other options available to you! Lashline enhancement is one of them. It’s still a cosmetic tattoo procedure but looks very natural and can be performed with a manual hand shader rather than a tattoo machine. Because the pigment is placed just between the lashes it gives you that natural lash intensity appearance without looking like makeup. No one will ever know you had anything done but it looks incredible!
What To Expect During Your Appointment
We’ll help to outweigh your options and find the best one that suits you and your preferences. We’re here to offer advice and to answer any questions you may have about the treatment.
You’re probably wondering what everybody else does before they undergo the procedure: will it hurt? Of course, you will feel a slight buzzing along the lash line when the ink is being applied. However, because you will be numbed before the needle touches your lash line, you won’t feel discomfort and you certainly won’t experience bleeding. The appointment can last anything between 45 mins to 90.
The truth is, the technique and craft of cosmetic tattooing have come such a long way since it first became a popular treatment. It has been perfected. The treatment has become much more comfortable than perhaps what it was back in the day!
How Long Will It Last?
Eyeliner tattoos tend to last 1-3.5 years with an extremely gradual fading process. This means that a touch-up appointment isn’t required until at least 1 year since your initial appointment. However, this can vary on the condition of the tattoo, for example, if you expose your skin to a lot of sun or lash growth serums, the fading process will be quicker.
El Truchan from Perfect Definition really is an expert Permanent Makeup Artist. If you are looking for the best Permanent Makeup in London and the best Permanent Eyeliner in London you will be hard to beat our award-winning PMU Artist.